Forest Biometrics is the science of forest (Bio) measurement (metrics).
The Forest Biometrics Research Institute (FBRI) is a non-profit public research corporation dedicated to sustainable and scientifically based forest management. The Forest Biometrics Research Institute is a research, development, service and education organization in the field of forest inventory, forest growth and forest planning.
The Forest Projection and Planning System (FPS) can help you to analyze your forest inventory, grow your inventory, determine sustained yield, and calculate financial return. The benefits of using FPS include:
- FPS integrates with your GIS, planning and inventory systems.
- The FPS Universal library covers all North American forested regions, is standalone and updatable.
- FPS database calibrations are based on 20,000 research plots and 16,000 felled trees.
- FPS can model the full range of silvicultural systems – from even to uneven aged.
- FPS is a distant dependent model for high resolution silvicultural analyses.
FPS provides the tools, methods and support to give you the knowledge and confidence to make informed long-term decisions. FBRI supporting organizations use FPS to manage over 12 million acres of US timberlands.