- Update for automatic ODBC FPSData.dsn
- Thin by Age,CCF,BA,Rd – Not before Rpt_Yr
- Unless timing by calendar year
- Type name “Grow” conflict resolved in Yield Reports
- No growth if Report year <= Msmt_Yr in ADMIN
- Remove automatic defect growth after 100 years
- Add natural regeneration to growth intervals
- Close and Open Database every 5 minutes to release memory to facilitate Access 2000 memory management issues.
- Found Sqrt & Division in DCV variance problem for zero dbh
- Replaced all direct calls to IMSL with X2Y range buffers
- Skip stand if #trees = 0 or site = 0 (nothing to grow)
- Thinning only after Msmt_Yr for “Grow All Tables” and only after Rpt_Yr for “Grow Stand table only”
- Add Stems,Dbh,Basal,CCF,Rd to Stand table for merch stems
- Change 5-yr mortality report to annual mortality report
- Siteprep, Brush, Pest now scalable in 10% classes.
- Siteprep effect goes away after first growth step
- Stand table merch statistics commented out for now.
- Write DIBCLS table for Grow All Tables (not Cp = .D) not yet invoked, still released as V6.1c
- Convert to 4-byte structure with Dibcls optional
- Restrict Reserve Trees from Thinnings unless Cpp = ‘RT’
- Add scalable Silviculture to FpsLoad1 Subroutine and match output to FpsLoad2.
- Compatability with 6.3 Species Library
- Updated Species.Lib and FPS Tools
- Discount silvicultural costs and annual management fees
- Provide for cost analyses where Inflation = 0
- Display costs every year even if no positive log values
- Fill in Dbh = 1.333 * (Ht – 1) where Dbh = 0
- Fill in Crn = (D/H) / 3.0 where Crn = 0
- Load Species table merch specs after reading treelist from database for new species not in Species.Lib
- Insert edit check for Dbh/Ht data not loaded through FPS Cruise Compiler for out-of-range conditions
- Specifically, Hts < 6m with D/H < 0.33 or D/H > 2.00
- Estimate %Crown only if Dbh> and Ht>0, Otherwise %Cr = 0.92
- Provided for incomplete regeneration data inputs
- Up size simulation plot to 20000 trees
- Max 20000 trees on 1 hectare simulation plot
- Added thinning by dbh range and group selection
- Natural regeneration on 1/500 hectare grid array
- Update clumpiness value after each growth step
- Add HabDens statistics to Stand & HabDens tables
- Option to select Schedule table years for growth
- Change “Grow Plots” to “Grow by Cruise yrs” as method option
- Allows old cruises to be grown to current cruises for yield comparison between measured and projected Stand statistics
- Write to History table with Region code and Regime.
- Group Selection uses residual density within circle only to define residual thinning stocking levels.
- Mortality records are not written to database for All Tables
- Optional update to HABDENS table.
- Changed growth interpolation process for report years.
- Previously based on years, now based on height increment.
- The previous straight line interpolation created a bias.
- Greatest impact was on regeneration stands (Ht<6 meters tall).
- Close SQL handles instead of dropping them.
- Grow from Cruise table for Model validation & calibration:
- If Cruise.Plots = 1 and fixed-area plot, then grow from Plots.
- If Cruise.Plots > 1 or prism plot, then grow Dbhcls treelist.
- Output Stand.regime = ‘FPS_’, Dbhcls.group = ‘e.’
- Any Regime may be applied to Stand table for validation.
- SVS Visualization plot size set from Cruise table plot size.
- If Admin.Birth>1000 then age = Rpt_yr – Birth in Stand table.
- Progress meter based on Admin or Yield as user specified.
- Modified SVS output for stumps at Report ages.
- Discrete visualization shows live tally of whole trees only.
- Fractional trees are shown as dead or down woody component.
- Fix minor bugs, expand 20 spp/grp & 100 sorts.
- If Cruiser-called Sort/Grades exist -> they continue forward
- If Sort/Grades do not exist -> may create labels from SORTS
- Do not delete previously grown years between msmt_yr and current.
- Do not write out ‘Dead’ records to Stand or DbhCls.
- Cost/acre/year now inflated for each year in projection
- Admin table variable logging costs change with stand.
- Only affects variable harvesting costs by dib and volume levels.
- Bind only known FPS/TRS tables and columns.
- Update all values and costs using standard FPSEcon routine
- May re-grow existing Rpt Yrs > Msmt_Yr (all tables only)
- Missing taper observations estimated from Library
- SORTS table – Species, Sort, Grade – Assigned values
- Values always come from Species table Sorts #1,#2,#3
- Only if log achieves #3 dimension will SORTS table be used
- SORTS Table conditions for #3 logs: (label vs dimension)
- If grown le 5yrs, use existing Sort/Grade label in DibCls table
- If grown gt 5yrs, use dib,len,def,pos,vol & value in Sorts table
- All database writing to DbhCls table occurs in batch/Stand.
- Objective is to reduce database bloat during growth update.
- Tested combinations of Prepare/Execute/Transaction processing.
- Verify FPSEcon costs for Silv,Area,Fixed,Harv,Haul,Inflation
- Thinning costs do not include annual admin fixed costs.
- Convert to FBRI_Lib Species Library database.
- Add Soil Expectation and Internal Rate of Return to Stand table.
- Delete old CASHFLOW records and update Stand.AreaRpt
- Provide for minimum log dib as absolute or % of Dbh
- Grow Stand – Grow from Admin.Rpt_Yr with Current Regime
- Past growth from Msmt_Yr to Rpt_Yr stays in place
- This option for long-term forest planning input
- Thinnings carry no administrative costs in net values
- Grow All Tables – Grow from Admin.Msmt_Yr with original Regime
- Values and Costs are not inflated, current costs only
- This option for updating the current inventory year
- Previous Versions did not separate the regimes (past & current)
- Values only determined from Species table unless SRT1_BAS, SRT2_BAS or SRT3_BAS have a value = 9 to default to SORTS table.
- If existing DIBCLS table contains Sorts, these are retained for a maximum of five years of growth projection. Then re-assigned.
- Stand treatments are written to both CASHFLOW and HISTORY tables.
- Re-running the same Years and Regime will overwrite these tables.
- Will grow up to 100 periods of any length each.
- Up to 3 species may be named for preferred thinning retention
- Biomass, Thinning, Fill-Plant, %Sort, 100 Periods
- Corrected Treatment-by-Age constraints, were in error
- Corrected assignment of silvicultural costs to NPV calculation
- Non-thinning silviculture (siteprep, etc.) would stop, if no thinning.
- Thinning on Rept_Yr would block residual Stand table output that year.
- StandSrt table update for weighting by tree frequency/stand
- Convert to 10m Site and Shape from Admin table optionally using BHSite.
- Silviculture as %Ht and %Survival instead of %SitePrep,%Brush & %Pest.
- Display SVS mortality for ten years, then down logs for ten years.
- Downsize tree list arrays to 10,000 individuals
- Due to F6700 Heap Space limit exceeded for 50 preports on 5000 stands
- Use Height curve to determine timing of thinnings & silviculture
- Small-tree growth extended on site curve for heights > 6m
- Heap Space not due to array size, return to 20,000 individuals max
- Use History table to include past silviculture still in effect.
- Silviculture Update: Where existing stand was grown to current year.
- The History table contains the Regime used for previous growth step.
- For growth of Stand table only, History of planted, site prep, brush control, animal control will be extracted from History.
- Method: Set up two Regimes: PLNT and NATR with appropriate treats.
- Then grow All Tables to current year (Rpt_Yr)!
- Design multiple Regimes for planning – Grow Stand Only
- Incorporate SQL Server Primary Keys in all FPS tables
- Unique ODBC commands between Jet and SQL Server
- Bug fix – Thinning by Year correction, occurred in wrong year.
- Minor bug fixes in Growth & Planning utilities
- Standardize on 10mSite Library format.
- Includes scalable early silvicultural costs by treatment intensity
- Revise Silvicultural treatment timing to distinct treatments.
- Merge versions 6.76 and 6.87 with all functionality
- Fix Cashflow & History calendar years to match treatment years
- Delete duplicate rows from StandSrt prior to Thinning output.
- Allow thinning one year or later from Admin.Rpt_Yr.
- Provide none-Primary Key option for DbhCls table.